Timber Cruising Workshop to be Held in New Limerick
There will be a Timber Cruising Workshop on Wednesday, October 7th at the Houlton Community Golf Course in New Limerick from 8:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
This workshop will provide an introduction to forest inventory methods (also known as timber cruising) that landowners, foresters, loggers and others can use to systematically collect data and forest information for assessment or analysis. In addition to a presentation on cruising methods, participants will learn and practice how to measure variable radius sample plots, collect cruise data in two stand types, and analyze the data using the TIGER cruise program.
*Plan to be outside for several hours*
- Jon Scott - Forester, Prentiss and Carlisle
- Ken Laustsen - Biometrician, Maine Forest Service
- Kevin Doran – Forester, Maine Forest Service
- Randy Lagasse – Forester, Maine Forest Service
- Dan Jacobs – Forester, Maine Forest Service
- Prentiss and Carlisle
- LP Building Products
- Houlton Community Golf Course
- Maine Forest Service
A free with lunch will be provided, but you must pre-register. They will be accepting a maximum of 20 participants.
For more information and to register please email Kevin Doran at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 287-4988.