Fire in Saint John Sends Three to the Hospital
A man in his 60s was hospitalized for burns and smoke inhalation after a fire Monday morning at three-storey apartment building in Saint John.
Three people total were sent to the hospital when smoke spread into three apartments at 250 Waterloo Road. A woman in her 80s was taken to the hospital for observation due to pre-existing health conditions and mobility challenges, said the Red Cross. Another man was released after being checked at the hospital.
The fire occurred around 5 a.m. Monday and was confined to one apartment.