Star City Seeking Council and Committee Members
Interested in serving your community or being more involved in civic affairs? The City of Presque Isle is looking for you!
For the next election, there will be three seats up for election on City Council – two with four-year terms and one with a one-year term. Secondly, the MSAD #1 School Board will have five seats up for election, one in each of the following districts: 7, 10, 13, 14 and 15. The City is also seeking an Election Warden and Election Ward Clerk. Nomination papers, available from the City Clerk, for any of these positions will be accepted starting 8:00 am on July 27th through 4:30 pm on September 7th, 2018.
In addition, Presque Isle has several boards and committees. Applications for these boards and committees are accepted continuously. If there is no opening on the particular board the applicant is applying for, the application is held until the next vacancy arises.
- Airport Advisory Board – 2 four year seats expiring in December
- Board of Assessment Review – 2 expiring in December, 2 full and 2 alternate vacancies
- Planning Board – 1 vacancy currently
- Industrial Council – 2 expiring three year terms
- Library Board – 1 four year term expiring
- Presque Isle Development Fund – 1 four year term expiring
- Presque Isle Housing Authority – 2 four year terms expiring in October
- Presque Isle Parks and Recreation – 2 four year terms expiring this December
- Voter Registration Board of Appeals – 2 vacancies currently, 2 expiring in December
- Zoning Board of Appeals – 4 three year terms expiring in December. One current vacancy
- Presque Isle Utilities District – 1 three year term expiring in December
For more information on the City and its programs and services, please visit the website at http://presqueislemaine.gov.
This information was submitted to us as part of a press release. If you would like to share your community news or event with our audience, please email email@example.com.