Woman on Oxygen Seriously Injured While Smoking
The State Fire Marshal’s Office says a Lewiston woman was seriously injured Thursday night while smoking on oxygen inside her apartment.
The victim is 74 year old Rosalie Coulombe who suffered smoke inhalation and internal injuries and was being treated at CMMC in Lewiston. The fire started as Coulombe was smoking on her couch.
Firefighters found her unresponsive in her bathroom after they entered the apartment on Shawmut Street. The fire was reported about 8 pm Thursday.