Drugs and Guns Seized in Lewiston Bust
A Lewiston couple are facing drug and firearm charges following their arrests Thursday at their home.
The Maine Drug Enforcement Agency arrested 38-year old Christopher Martel of Lewiston and 31-year old Brittany Gurney, also of Lewiston.
MDEA Agents assisted by State and Lewiston Police searched the couple’s home late Thursday morning at 321 River Road in Lewiston. The search was part of an ongoing investigation, targeting the distribution of methamphetamine in Androscoggin County.
MDEA Agents seized 275 Grams of Crystal Methamphetamine, Cocaine Base, Ecstasy, $7400 in suspected drug proceeds and two firearms from both the home and a vehicle in the driveway. The street value of the seized drugs was estimated at $30,000.
Christopher Martel was charged with:
1. AGGRAVATED TRAFFICKING SCHEDULED DRUGS (Methamphetamine 100+ grams), Class A
2. AGGRAVATED TRAFFICKING SCHEDULED DRUGS (w/Firearm), Class A
3. UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF SCHEDULE DRUG (Cocaine Base) Class C
4. UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF SCHEDULED DRUG (Ecstasy) Class C
Gurney was charged with:
- AGGRAVATED TRAFFICKING SCHEDULED DRUGS (Methamphetamine 100+ grams), Class A
- 3 Counts - TRAFFICKING SCHEDULED DRUGS (Methamphetamine), Class B
- UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF SCHEDULE (Cocaine Base) Class C
- UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF SCHEDULED DRUG (Ecstasy) Class C
- VIOLATION OF CONDITIONS OF RELEASE
The pair were arrested without incident and transported to the Androscoggin County Jail. Bail was set at $100,000 cash for Martel. Gurney is being held without bail due to the Violations of Conditions of Release from a prior criminal charge.