Taylor Swift in Maine: She Filmed a Music Video and Played Outside a Church
Thirteen years ago, before she took over the world, before she was named Time's 2023 Person of the Year, Taylor Swift was in the 207.
Since Taylor Swift landed at Bangor International Airport for a brief layover last week and had everyone around here buzzing with excitement, we thought it would be a good time to jump in the time machine and take a look back at when she was in Kennebunkport, not only to the time she filmed part of a music video here but when she also came back again to perform a live show.
Back in August 2010, when she was strictly still a country artist, she came to Maine to make a video for the track "Mine." In the video, you can see her frolicking on Colony Beach, right here in the great state of Maine.
When she released the video to Country Music Television, she came back to Kennebunkport, to perform live outside St. Anne's Church on Aug. 27, 2010. We just happen to have found some fan-shot footage of the show. Back then, cell phone cameras were still a little primitive, to say the least.
Her surprise gig even made the local news.
In the 13 years since, she made the switch to pop music, and the rest is history. Check out this list of accomplishments:
- 200 million records sold globally
- The most-streamed woman on Spotify and Apple Music
- The highest-grossing female performer ever
- On the list of Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Songwriters of All Time
- 12 Grammy Awards (including three Album of the Year wins)
- A Primetime Emmy Award
- 40 American Music Awards
- 39 Billboard Music Awards
- 23 MTV Video Music Awards
- 111 Guinness World Records
- Time's Person of the Year for 2023, announced on Dec. 6.
PICTURES: Taylor Swift at the Kansas City Chiefs Game (Dec. 3)
Gallery Credit: Carena Liptak
SPOTTED: Celebrities Having a Blast at Taylor Swift's Eras Tour
Gallery Credit: Danielle Kootman
Take a Look Around Taylor Swift's Childhood Home
Gallery Credit: Alicia Selin