Saint John Man in Three-Storey Fire Released From Hospital
A Saint John man was released from the hospital five weeks after suffering serious burns & smoke inhalation at a fire at 250 Waterloo Road, said the Canadian Red Cross. (See original story below).
The man’s daughter is looking to confirm an apartment in a senior’s complex. He is in his 60's.
The Red Cross is providing hotel accommodations, as well as food & additional essentials.
The victims’ names were not made available.
A man in his 60's was hospitalized for burns and smoke inhalation after a fire February 4 at a three-storey apartment building in Saint John.
Three people total were sent to the hospital when smoke spread into three apartments at 250 Waterloo Road. A woman in her 80's was taken to the hospital for observation due to pre-existing health conditions and mobility challenges, said the Red Cross. Another man was released after being checked at the hospital.
The fire occurred around 5 a.m. Monday and was confined to one apartment.