Investigators say an Orrington house fire started in the laundry room.

The fire on Snow's Corner Road was reported at 10:30 on Wednesday night and destroyed the house. Crews from several other towns were called in to help with the blaze that was complicated by a lack of a nearby water source. The homeowner was injured when he jumped from a second story window, but refused a trip to the hospital to get checked out.

WABI-TV reports investigators have determined the fire started in the laundry room. They aren't exactly sure what sparked the fire but say it could have been an electrical malfunction.

More From