5-Day Forecast: Aroostook County, Maine
WINTER STORM WARNING in effect Tuesday from 4 am to 9 pm
* WHAT...Heavy snow expected with some sleet possible, mainly along the Route 1 corridor. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 9 inches and sleet accumulations of around one quarter of an inch expected.
* WHERE...Northeast & Southeast Aroostook County, Northern Piscataquis, Northern Penobscot and
* WHEN...From 4 am to 9 pm Tuesday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning and evening commutes.
- Hazardous Weather Outlook
- Winter Storm Warning in effect from December 3, 04:00 AM EST until December 3, 09:00 PM EST
- Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. North wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Monday Night: A chance of snow, mainly after 5am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 12. North wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday: Snow, mainly after 8am. High near 27. North wind 11 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
- Tuesday Night: Snow likely before 11pm, then a chance of snow showers, mainly between 11pm and 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 20. North wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Wednesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Southwest wind around 7 mph.
- Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Light southwest wind.
- Thursday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. Calm wind becoming northwest around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Friday: A chance of snow showers, mainly between 9am and 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 24. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Friday Night: A slight chance of snow showers before 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
We have more northern Maine weather info from the U.S. National Weather Service in Caribou.