WARNING – The County and Emera Maine Prepares for Predicted Windstorm
Emera Maine has reported that a front bringing the potential for windy weather is predicted to make its way north beginning Sunday morning.
According to Emeria Maine's press release, crews have been placed on standby and will be prepared to respond to the Customer Contact Center and in the field should any wind gusts lead to outages.
Storm-Manager and Manager of Customer contact Center Ops, Kevin Peterson said,
"Gusts of 35 to 40 mph are expected only during limited periods as the storm moves across the state, but winds in that range have the potential to cause damage. We're hoping for the best and preparing for the worst."
Customers are being encouraged to do their part and prepare as well.
- Always put safety first.
- Keep Emera Maine's contact information handy at 1-855-EMERA-11 or (207) 973-2000 should you need to report any power outages or downed lines.
- Keep flashlights and battery-powered radio's handy.
- For more information on being prepared, click the link here.
Customers should always remember
- NEVER touch a downed power line or a power line in contact with a vehicle or tree
- Slow down or move over and change lanes, when you are able if utility crews are working on the roadways, to ensure everyone's safety
- Should you use an alternative generator or another heat source, remember to follow the manufacturer's guidelines.
Again, should you have any questions or if you need to report a problem, please call Emera Maine at 1-855-EMERA-11 (1-855-363-7211 or 207-973-2000.