Twenty-five firefighters put out a garage fire Saturday morning at 522 Dudley Rd in Mapleton. No one was injured in the blaze.

The garage was already fully engulfed and the roof had collapsed when crews arrived at 11:34 AM. The property is owned by Brent Nickerson and his family, said Richard Wark, Fire Chief Mapleton Castle Hill Chapman Fire Department.

The garage was located next to a horse pasture with several horses. None of the animals on the farm were injured, said Wark. A firewood supply for the family was also beside the garage.

Chief Wark described the scene:

The owner discovered the fire and ran inside to try and put it out. The fire was around the wood stove used to heat the garage. The family was unable to put the fire out but did salvage some of the equipment stored in the garage. The garage and other tools and equipment were a total loss. The family believed they had limited insurance on the structure.

The wind-chill was -14 at the time of the fire as a total of 25 firefighters fought the blaze. The Presque Isle Fire Department provided a tanker and a crew at the scene. The Washburn Fire Dept. manned the Mapleton station with an engine and a crew, and the Crown Emergency Services provided coverage for EMS.

There were no injuries and no equipment freeze ups, Wark said. Crews cleared the scene at 1 PM, and spent an hour thawing hoses and putting trucks back in service.