New Brunswick Francophone Early Education Award Winners Announced
Six New Brunswick early childhood teachers and three staff members received Franocophone Sector Excellence in Education Awards this past weekend in recognition of their exceptional work over the 2015-16 school year.
Education and Early Childhood Development Minister Brian Kenny says the awards recognize teachers and licensed daycare educators for their dedication, ingenuity, leadership, passion, and professionalism.
The winners were honoured during an awards ceremony on Saturday, Nov. 5, in Fredericton. Awards were presented to the following:
Francophone Nord-Est school district:
- Lison Smith, École Terre des Jeunes, Paquetville;
- Ginette Lebreton, Garderie chez Gigi, Saint-Irénée; and
- Josée Ferron, École La Mosaïque du Nord, Balmoral.
Francophone Nord-Ouest school district:
- Isabelle Cormier, Garderie du Domaine, Edmundston; and
- Karyne Proulx, École Mgr-Lang, Drummond.
Francophone Sud school district :
- Jean-Marc O’Brien, École Mgr-Marcel-François-Richard, Saint-Louis de Kent;
- Christine Bourgeois, Garderie Petits Moineaux, Memramcook; and
- Jeanne Bourque et Suzanne Cormier, École W.-F.-Boisvert, Rogersville.
Kenny also congratulated all teachers and educators from the early childhood sector for their work and contribution to student learning, as well as to the province’s education system.