A family of five is homeless after a weekend fire in Grand Falls.

The blaze was reported just before 1 p.m. Saturday at a single family home on Davis Street in Grand Falls.


The Grand Falls Fire Department arrived to find the home fully engulfed in flames.

Luckily, the homes occupants: two adults and three children, were able to make it out of the home safely. The family was renting the home at the time of the fire.

The home sustained heavy damage in the fire.

Fire crews from St. Andre and Drummond, New Brunswick assisted at the scene.

The Canadian Red Cross has stepped in to help the family with lodging and their immediate needs.