Flooded Roads in Northern Maine and Western New Brunswick – Day 2 [UPDATE]
If you live in Aroostook County or Western New Brunswick, for the second day in a row, your news feed is probably being bombarded with photos and videos of flooded roads, rivers and streams.
We've got the latest in road closures across the region for you.
Aroostook County Road Closures for Wednesday, April 16th, 2014.
- Robinson Road Bridge - Closed
- Route 1 – Both lanes now open.
- Caribou Lake/Old Washburn Road – Partially Flooded
- Roosevelt Ave – Partially Flooded
- Grimes Road – Partially Flooded to town line. (Closed to Fort Fairfield)
- Grimes Mill Road – Partially Flooded
- River Road – Partially Flooded
Cross Lake TWP
- Cyr Road – Open
- Bridge on Rte 1A (Main Street) - Closed
- Currier Road - Closed
- Dorsey Road - Closed
- Forest Ave (at Page Road) - Closed
- Grimes Road - Closed
- Main Street (at Puddledock) - Closed
- Riverside Drive - Closed
- Strickland Road - Closed
- Catalina Road – Partially Flooded
- Jackins Settlement Road - Closed
- Route 2 by Porter Settlement Road (Smyrna) - Closed
- Bog Brook Road - Closed
- Grand Falls Road – Closed
- Blake Road – Partially Flooded
- Bog Road – Partially Flooded
- Ward Road – Partially Flooded
- Hughes Road - Closed
- Pulcifier Road - Closed (Estimated to be passable by this evening).
- Henderson Road at Fair Junction - Closed
- Burlock Road – Open
- Chandler Road at #78 – Open
- Egypt Road – Open
- Flat Mountain Road near Chasse Road - Closed
- Route 164 (towards Presque Isle, near Langille Road) – Closed
- Annis Road - Closed
Western New Brunswick Road Closures for Wednesday, April 16th, 2014.
Woodstock: Kings Street, many areas along route 105 are closed, also water reported over the lower river road near Woodstock First Nation, and a washout near Bulls Creek.
Grand Falls: West River Road is closed, Wapske Bridge through the Plaster Rock town limits.
Plaster Rock: Route 390 from Arthurette to Plaster Rock is also closed.
Ice jams have formed in several areas, including:
- Nashwaak River at Taymouth.
- Canaan River at Hwy 2 and Route 112 junction.
- Hammond River between the Route 860 and Lakeside Road intersection to one kilometre above the French Village Covered bridge or Hwy 1.
- Smith Creek River near the Oldfield Road.
- Southwest Miramichi in the rural Community of Upper Miramichi at the Cache Road and downstream from the Priceville footbridge.
- Rockwell Stream, which has caused flooding at the Broad Road in Geary.
NB Power still reporting over 11 hundred customers in the Woodstock area without power. The Town of Woodstock issued a boil order this morning following a power failure at the town wells.Those with water were reminded to boil it for 2 minutes until further notice.