Fire Destroys Monticello Wood Working Shop
An early morning fire at Conroy Lake kept the Monticello Fire Department busy on Saturday morning!
At approximately 5:30 a.m. a fire was reported in a small woodworking shop on the Conroy Lake Road.
The Monticello Fire Department responded, and with assistance from Littleton Fire Department, had the fire quickly out.
A heater was being used in a small camper near the shed and an extension cord run from the shed to the camper failed. Several small children sleeping in the camper were removed by family members that spotted the fire.
2 pounds of black powder that ignited in the building made it a stubborn fire to extinguish and the shed was a loss but the camper and attached lean-to were saved.