Fire crews in Presque Isle were called to a fire at a home on Turner Street last night.

Josh Archer - TSM

According to Deputy Chief Rich Wark of the Presque Isle Fire Department, fire crews responded to 40 Turner Street at around 7:30 p.m. Monday to a report of a structure fire at the single family home. Upon arrival, there was heavy smoke and fire coming out of the second story.

The occupants of the home, a mother and her adult son, were able to make it out of the home safely.

Josh Archer - TSM

Crews were able to quickly contain the blaze to one second story bedroom.

Deputy Chief Wark says the fire is believed to have been caused by an overloaded electrical circuit.

The Presque Isle Fire Department was assisted at the scene by the Mapleton Fire Department, and the Caribou Fire Department provided mutual aid.

Fire crews had cleared the scene at 9 p.m.