Downtown Presque Isle First Friday Art Walk July 2013
Well, it's that time of the month again! Time for the First Friday Art Walk in Presque Isle. Here's a list of what's happening in downtown Presque Isle tonight.
Bou’s Brew Pub – 431 Main Street – Presque Isle, ME 04769 – (207)540-1445
- Bou’s will be featuring Reese Flag Photography.
Catholic Charities - 11 Davis Street - Presque Isle, Maine 04769 - (207)493-8919
- Catholic Charities is announcing their featured artist at a later time. Don’t let that stop you from checking out what they have to offer, and get a great deal too!
Morning Star Art & Framing - 422 Main Street - Presque Isle, ME 04769 - (207) 764-1810
- The artist of the month for July at Morning Star Art&Framing is Lynn Cote. Lynn, a native of Presque Isle and graduate of the University of Maine at Presque Isle’s Fine Arts program enjoys abstract art because of the ability to paint mood and emotions. She describes her work as a kind of Zentangle Doodle with a Lynn – spin. Stop in and view her work and listen to the music performed by Peter Parker and the gang. Extended hours at Morning Star are from 6pm – 9pm.
Oasis Salon – 422 Main Street – Presque Isle, Maine 04769 – (207)540-1480
- Oasis welcome’s Karrie Brawn. Karrie recently graduated from the University of Maine at Presque Isle with a Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts. She is a painter and works with acrylics. She has experience with many different mediums and techniques and works with mixed media.
Reed Gallery - UMPI - 181 Main Street - Presque Isle, Maine 04769 - (207) 768-9611
- The University of Maine at Presque Isle's Reed Fine Art Gallery will host the Bachelor of Fine Arts Exhibition; featuring the work of Karrie Brawn, Angel Cray, Corey Levesque, Robb Miller, and Lanette Virtanen. The exhibition runs from July 1 through August 17. FMI Please contact Interim Director Rowena Forbes at 768.9442 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Join their Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/ReedArtGallery.
Star City Coffee - 483 Main Street - Presque Isle, ME 04769 - (207) 554-4222
- If you haven’t stopped in to Star City Coffee you are certainly missing out. One of our newest participants of First Friday’s, they’ll feature Patsy Carlson an aspiring painter selling her works. Don’t forget to stop in and celebrate a local artist. While you’re there, check out their amazing menu, relax on their comfy couch and enjoy a heavenly mocha.
The Whole Potato Café & Commons - 428 Main Street - Presque Isle, ME 04769 - (207) 554-4258
- Join us at the Whole Potato in Presque Isle on First Friday, JULY 5 for a retrospective look at the art of the Arootsakoostik festival's history. We will also be holding a Fundraising auction for this year's event. This will be your FIRST and ONLY chance to get advanced tickets for Arootsakoostik. We will have Ticket/Music bundles up for bids (Including the brand new Putnam Smith CD, The new Mallett Brothers Band CD and more music from John Clavette, Dark Hollow Bottling Co. and more). We have other surprises as well. If this were not enough, we will have live music from the festivals creator, Travis Cyr, Brad Hutchinson (of Mellow Endeavor) and more. Art at 6pm. Music to follow at 7. Donations most gladly and kindly accepted.
Wintergreen Arts Center - 149 State Street - Presque Isle, ME 04769 - (207) 762-3576
- Featured artists for July at the Barresi Financial Gallery, at Wintergreen Arts Center, 149 State Street in Presque Isle, is husband and wife team Jessalyn and Corey Levesque. Jessalyn J. Levesque is currently a student at the University of Maine at Presque Isle, studying for her BFA. She will be starting her junior year this coming fall. Jessalyn has a concentration in drawing and painting, but also has special interests in photography. Her current work focuses on the individual character and beauty of her friends as models. Corey Levesque is a BFA and BAAE student at UMPI entering his final year. His work is a combination of acrylic painting and alternative media with imagery focusing on “magical” landscapes from his childhood memories. Opening reception will be held from 6 to 8p.m., with the artists speaking about their work at 6:30p.m. The event is FREE and open to the public. Light refreshments will be served.