COMMUNITY SPOTLIGHT: The Children’s Closet With LeRae Kinney
No doubt, if you're a parent or grandparent, then you probably have some outgrown clothing either hanging up or in drawers that you'd like to do something with.
We recently had a chat with SAD1 Adult & Community Education Director, LeRae Kinney, about a great idea on what to do with all of those children's clothes you might have in and around your house.
On Saturday, September 29th from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and again on Sunday, September 30th from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., The Children's Closet will have set up camp at the Aroostook Center Mall for the public to browse the Children's Closet.
The Children's Closet is a consignment sale dealing with children's clothes.
If you would like to be a part of the Children's Closet this weekend, there are a few things you ought to know.
- Consignors must bring a minimum of 10 acceptable items to sell
- Consignors will receive 60-percent of the selling price
- Consignors are invited to shop the private presale on Friday evening from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. All consignors are welcome to come and bring one guest with them
- Children are welcome at the presale and are also welcome on Sat and Sun
- If you are going to donate your items, please do not mark them "No Discount"
- Merchandise that doesn't meet the stated specifications will be removed from the rack's and donated to charity
- The Children's Closet is not responsible for keeping the consignors' hangers as most hangers go with the sale.
The proceeds of the sale will go to help the SAD1 Adult & Community Education in Presque Isle.
For more information about the sale, merchandise guidelines, how items are to be displayed or any other questions you might have, please call 764-4776.