Cary Medical Center Hosting Community Blood Drive
It is the season of giving, and there is no better gift than the gift of life!
To make an appointment to donate, call Kristi at 498-6516. Donors can also log onto redcrossblood.org and type in Sponsor Code: Cary MC
Here are some blood facts that are great for posting to social media or to use as a lead-in to an announcement about the drive:
- Blood donations decline from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day as people get busy with holiday activities.
- Blood is a perishable product that can only come from volunteer blood donors
- Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood
- Blood is routinely transfused to patients with cancer and other diseases, premature babies, organ transplant recipients and trauma victims
- Type O negative is the universal blood type that can be safely transfused to anyone, and is often used to treat trauma patients
- Donors with all blood types are needed, especially those with types O negative, A negative and B negative
Safe a life and donate blood!