Blood Drive in Houlton Today
Hey folks, did you know that the summer months are when blood is needed most? It's true! Because there are often more accidents during the summer months. Did you know that YOU could help save a life? It's easy, all you have to do is donate!
The American Red Cross will be holding a blood drive at the Millar Civic Center in Houlton this afternoon from 12:30pm to 6pm.
The blood donation process is pretty simple and in a little over an hour, you could save the lives of up to three people!
80 percent of the blood donations given to the Red Cross are collected at mobile blood drives set up at community organizations, companies, high schools, colleges, places of worship or military installations. The remaining 20 percent are collected at fixed Red Cross donor centers.
It doesn't matter what your blood type is, all types are in need!
They'll even feed you! You'll get a free tee shirt for donating and have a chance to sign up for some fantastic prizes!
So won't you come be a Super Hero and save a life or 3? We'll be there broadcasting live from 12pm to 2pm. Hope to see you!